Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement
2018 Loved and Licensed Social Media Contest
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (the "Department") announces the rules for its 2018 Loved and Licensed Social Media Contest.
1. Am I Eligible to Enter? To be eligible to enter and win, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry;
- be a legal resident of Pennsylvania;
- own a dog with a current Pennsylvania dog license; and
- be someone other than an employee, family member or person living in the same household as an employee of the Department.
2. Contest Period: Contest entries will be accepted on Facebook starting on Saturday, December 1, 2018 and ending on Monday, December 17, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
3. How Do I Enter? To enter, complete these four steps:
a. During the Contest Period, post one photo of your dog on Facebook with status privacy settings set to "Public."
b. Include a caption about why your dog is loved and licensed in Pennsylvania.
c. Include the Contest hashtag: #LovedAndLicensed.
d. Tag the Department's Facebook page.
Your entry must meet all four of the requirements above to be eligible to win.
Your entry constitutes your representation to the Department that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth above, and your agreement to abide by these Contest Rules.
Entries that are incomplete or do not comply with these Contest Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Department. One entry per household.
Your entry constitutes your permission for the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture to use your name, your likeness, the entered photo and other entry information without any compensation to you.
5. Support Your Entry! The top three entries, based on total reactions, will be posted to the Department's Facebook page for fan voting – so encourage your friends and family to interact with your post! The more total reactions (likes, loves, wows, etc.) – the higher your chance of winning!
6. Finalists. The Department will count the reactions each entry receives within the Contest Period presented above. Reactions given after the close of the Contest Period will not be counted. Each positive reaction (whether a like, love, wow, etc.) will be counted the same. The three entries with the highest number of reactions will be the Finalists, and their entries will be posted to the Department's Facebook page, although the Department may require any of these three finalists to provide proof that any dog (or dogs) depicted in an entry phot is licensed, and may select another finalist if that proof is not provided.
7. And the Winner is… Fan voting on the three Finalists will run from Tuesday, December 1 through 3:00 p.m. on Friday, December 21. The entry that receives the most reactions (likes, loves, wows, etc.) on the Department's Facebook page will win the Grand Prize.
8. Notification & Announcement: Winners will be notified via a post on the Department's Facebook page by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 21.
9. The Prizes: The prizes are:
For First Place:
- a free, one day parking pass to any lot operated by the Farm Show Complex and Expo Center for the 2019 Pennsylvania Farm Show;
- rodeo tickets (4) ($100 value);
- $75 gift to spend at any Savor (food vendor) location throughout the facility;
- $25 gift to spend at Miss Lucy's Dog Treats;
- $25 gift to spend at the new Farm Show Farmers Market; and
- a ½ day chaperoned tour of the Farm Show.
For Second Place and Third Place:
- Each receives a free one-day parking pass to any lot operated by the Farm Show Complex and Expo Center for the 2019 Pennsylvania Farm Show.
This #LovedAndLicensed Contest is hosted by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Contest Rules.