Peach and Nectarine Program Grant Solicitation
The Peach and Nectarine Research Program is pleased to announce its call for proposals.
Please notify Patrick Andrews by Monday, December 7th if you intend to submit a research proposal to the Board for review at their February 3, 2021 meeting.
Proposals are due by email (send to RA-AGCOMMODITIES@pa.gov) Friday, January 8th 2021, 4:00 pm.
Twelve hard copies postmarked by January 8th 2021, must be mailed to the below address no later than Friday, January 15th 2021 by 4:00 pm.
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Bureau of Market Development
2301 North Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Topics surveyed from producers are below.
Research Topic Survey Results for Pennsylvania Peach & Nectarine Research Board
- Biologicals and Nutrient balance for Control of disease
- Nutrient up take & foliar application timing, leaf testing, etc.
- Bacterial Spot
- Nutsedge Control - Weed Control
- Peach tree Borer
- Blossom Blast
- Chemical/Non-chemical pest/disease control
- Study why peach & nectarine trees over 12 years old come through the freeze with a better crop then younger trees.
- How to best control spotted lantern fly in an orchard