Dairy Investment Grant Program
The Pennsylvania Dairy Investment Program was established under Act 38 of 2019 for research and development, organic transition, value-added processing, and marketing grants in support of Pennsylvania’s Dairy Industry. The program is administered jointly by the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) and the PA Department of Agriculture (PDA), under the direction of the Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA).
Activities for research and development; transition to certified organic production, processing, and distribution; value-added processing; and marketing support of Pennsylvania’s dairy industry.
- Business: a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, limited liability company, cooperatives, or other commercial entity approved by the Commonwealth Financing Authority.
- Schools: Any public, private, or charter schools.
- Not-for-profit: Any private, not for profit entity undertaking agriculture-related activities that support the dairy industry.
- Institutions of high education: An entity that is an accredited university, college, seminary college, community college, or two-year college.
Grants are available under the program and require a 15% cash match. The maximum grant award is limited for each of the four project categories.
- Research and development: $100,000
- Transition to organic: $50,000
- Value-added processing:
- On-farm or single producer project: $50,000
- Cooperative, processing plant, or multi-producer project: $500,000
- Marketing: $100,000