Potato Research Program Grant Solicitation
The Potato Research Program is pleased to announce its call for proposals.
Please notify Patrick Andrews by Monday, December 7th if you intend to submit a research proposal to the Board for review at their February 4, 2021 meeting.
Proposals are due by email (send to RA-AGCOMMODITIES@pa.gov) Friday, January 8th 2021, 4:00 pm.
Twelve hard copies postmarked by January 8th 2021, must be mailed to the below address no later than Friday, January 15th 2021 by 4:00 pm.
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Bureau of Market Development
2301 North Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Topics surveyed from producers are below.
Research Topics Survey Results for Pennsylvania Potato Research Board
• Hollow Heart in Reba's
• Burr cucumber weed control in Potatoes
• Scab in Reba, Envoi
• Potash Deficiencies and how to keep potash levels up on tissue tests
• More chip varieties, maybe Carolina's
• Breeding evaluation programs for table stock for potato varieties
• Variety trials focused on short/mid-season shippers and round table varieties
• Use of "Crispr" to reduce or eliminate disease and inset pressure in potatoes