SLF Calendar Contest
The purpose of this contest is to educate students and their families about the importance of inspecting items prior to leaving the quarantine area. Learn more about it on our Spotted Lanternfly page, or using our quick facts sheet.
Awards and Recognition
- The entries will be judged in four divisions: first and second grade, third and fourth grade, fifth and sixth grade, and seventh and eighth grade.
- Each division will have a first, second, and third-place winner. The grand prize winner will be selected from the first place division winners.
- Each division winner will receive a prize and their artwork will appear on a page in the 2020 Spotted Lanternfly Awareness Calendar.
- A Department of Agriculture representative will present the grand prize winner with a prize and unveil the winning poster during a recognition ceremony at the 2020 Pennsylvania Farm Show.
- The grand prize poster (original and copies) become the property of the Department of Agriculture and will be used for Spotted Lanternfly displays and website and will be the cover page of the 2020 Spotted Lanternfly Awareness Calendar.
- September 3, 2019, Contest Kick-Off
- October 31, 2019: Poster contest entries must be postmarked or emailed by this date.
- Send entries to:
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Communications Office, Room 210
2301 N. Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- December 16-20, 2019 winners will be notified and announced at the 2020 Farm Show.