Begin Main Content Area

On-Farm-Produced Denatured Ethyl Alcohol

The Bureau licenses on-farm producers of denatured ethyl alcohol and regulates the manufacture, use and sale of on-farm-produced denatured ethyl alcohol.  A license is required:

  1. An application for a license to engage in the on-farm production of denatured ethyl alcohol shall be filed with the Department on an application form provided by the Department.

  2. An applicant for a license shall obtain a permit from the United States Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms before operating the distillery.  A copy of this permit shall be submitted with the application form.

  3. A license issued under this chapter shall expire on Dec. 31 in the year for which it is issued.

  4. A license issued under this chapter is not transferable.