Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Recovery Reimbursement Grant
The Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) Recovery Reimbursement Grant program is administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture to provide reimbursement to farms, integrators, and allied industries directly impacted by HPAI by suffering demonstrable financial losses due to inclusion in a control or quarantine zone.
The HPAI Reimbursement Grant program is comprised of two rounds:
- Round one is now open to only poultry farmers and integrators and to only those premises located in the 3-kilometer infected zones as defined by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture's General Quarantine Order. The 91 directly impacted poultry farms that have been identified as part of the first round have received a direct mailing of the application this week. Round one applications are due by September 10, 2022.
- Round two will be open to those who suffered losses in the Control Zones. Additional information about the second round will be shared on this page when it becomes available.
Losses up to $100,000 will be reimbursed at 100 percent. Losses of amounts over $100,000 may be reimbursed on a percentage basis, based on the number of applications received and available funding.
Eligible expenses for poultry farmers (F) and poultry integrators (I) include:
- Loss of income. (F, I)
- Mortgage interest payments. (F)
- Rent payments. (F)
- Utility payments. (F)
- Working capital for the purpose of covering costs of re-opening farming operations after being fully or partially closed due to the state or federally mandated quarantine period. (I)
- Payroll costs, costs related to the continuation of group health care benefits during periods of paid sick, medical or family leave, and insurance premiums. (I)
The application asks for a copy of an IRS Form 1040 for your most recent tax filing year or any related itemized invoices, bills, or receipts, as appropriate to document loss.
How to Apply
Applications are now being accepted and will be accepted until September 10, 2022.
Access the HPAI Recovery Reimbursement Grant application.