On May 26, 2018, an updated Spotted Lanternfly Order of Quarantine and Treatment was published in the PA Bulletin. The quarantine is in place to stop the movement of Spotted Lanternfly to new areas within or out of the current quarantine zone and to slow its spread within the quarantine. The quarantine affects a variety of vehicles and other conveyances, plant, wood, and stone products.
Compliance with quarantine: Primary tools to demonstrate that individuals, organizations, and businesses comply with the quarantine are described in this order:
- For businesses, agencies, and organizations, a Spotted Lanternfly permit is required for those located or working within the quarantine, who move vehicles, products or other conveyances within or out of the quarantine.
- Refer to the Permit Requirements & Guidance document (PDF) for details
- Obtain a permit
|Note: Businesses which need to comply with the New Jersey quarantine and do not conduct business in PA should take the NJ Permitting Training and Exam not the PSU course. Similarly, businesses which need to comply with the Delaware quarantine and do not conduct business in PA should take the DE Permitting Training and Exam, not the PSU course. |
Spotted Lanternfly permits are reciprocal between states.
The following counties are currently under quarantine:
The quarantine may be expanded to new areas as further
detections of the Spotted Lanternfly are confirmed. Intentional
movement of the Spotted Lanternfly is expressly prohibited and is a serious
offense. Violations could result in criminal or civil penalties and/or fines.
restricts the movement of certain articles. Industries and regulated articles under the
quarantine that are not to be removed/moved to a new area are:
- Any living stage of the Spotted Lanternfly, Lycorma
delicatula, including egg masses,
nymphs, and adults
- Brush, debris, bark, or yard waste
- Landscaping, remodeling or construction waste
- Logs, stumps, or any tree parts
- Firewood of any species
- Grapevines for decorative purposes or as nursery stock
- Nursery stock
- Crated materials
- Outdoor household articles including recreational vehicles,
lawn tractors and mowers, mower decks, grills, grill and furniture covers,
tarps, mobile homes, tile, stone, deck boards, mobile fire pits, any associated
equipment and trucks or vehicles not stored indoors